New Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta said the final minute of the Wildcats season opener against Wills Point was the longest minute of his life. He added it left him exhausted. At the end the Wildcats squeezed by the Tigers, 48-47. Coach Cipoletta, who got his first win as Wildcats coach, said his team played hard but also was sloppy at times. He called it a typical first game. A long Wills Point shot at the buzzer sailed over the backboard and the Wildcats’ basketball team escaped with a 48-47 home win Tuesday night in their season opener. The Wildcats got 19 points from Jaylon Dugan and 16 points from Cain Cody. The victory was for first one for new Wildcats Head Coach Clark Cipoletta. After the Thanksgiving break, the Wildcats will host North Lamar next Tuesday night.
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle
- Bid For New Senior Citizens Center, Grant Application On Aug. 3 City Council Agenda
- Stegient Wins Bronze Medal At ATA Martial Arts World Tournament Of Champs
- Hopkins County Republican Party Meeting Scheduled Aug. 7, At Pioneer Café
- Dinner Bell Menu For August 4, 2021