Recently the local Crimestoppers group purchased a computer system for the Sulphur Springs Police Department to collect a database of info on local children in case any of them goes missing. Info on about 100 children was gathered at Kids Zone during Fall Festival. Patrol Captain Jason Ricketson said in the past children were fingerprinted and parents were given cards to keep. He explained if those cards were lost, the information could not be retrieved. The new system not only stores the info but cards can be printed out for parents with a thumbprint, photo and information. Captain Ricketson hopes children’s info can be updated about once a year. If a child comes up missing, he said missing child posters could be made in a few minutes
- ICYMI: Flyer and QR Code For Next Week’s Youth Soccer Camp
- Meet Chris Lutz P.A. with CHRISTUS Trinity Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic
- Early Plan For Jefferson Street-Loop 301 RV Resort Receives P&Z, ZBA Approval
- Nathaniel Waldrop
- Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs News
- Downtown Parking: Still An Issue?