Roy Dean Duffey of Sulphur Springs will have another trial in connection with the stabbing death of David Harrison Cooper on February 20, 2011. 8th District Judge Eddie Northcutt ordered the new trial after hearing arguments last week. Duffey appealed a 12-year prison sentence because then District Judge Robert Newsom rejected an earlier plea bargain after a meeting with friends of the victim. The plea deal would have had Duffey serve 6 months in jail and then be on 10-years probation. An appeals court sent the case back to District Court.
- Parents Invited Aug. 3 To Meet New Como-Pickton Elementary & Jr. High Principals
- SSHS Device Pick Up Schedule, Freshman Orientation, Senior Credit Review Dates Set
- Sulphur Springs Man Allegedly Choked His Girlfriend Twice
- Active COVID-19 Case Count In Hopkins County On The Rise
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle