Roy Dean Duffey of Sulphur Springs will have another trial in connection with the stabbing death of David Harrison Cooper on February 20, 2011. 8th District Judge Eddie Northcutt ordered the new trial after hearing arguments last week. Duffey appealed a 12-year prison sentence because then District Judge Robert Newsom rejected an earlier plea bargain after a meeting with friends of the victim. The plea deal would have had Duffey serve 6 months in jail and then be on 10-years probation. An appeals court sent the case back to District Court.
- Updated Meal A Day Menu For May 10-14, 2021
- Cumby ISD Trustees Canvass May 1 Bond Election Returns, Hire Architectural Firm
- North Hopkins Baseball Season Ends With Bi-District Doubleheader Loss Friday
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of May 10, 2021
- In Lieu of Spring Football, Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra Makes Use of School Athletic Periods
- Lady Cat Claire Bybee Claims Third Place at State Meet in Pole Vault Friday