Roy Dean Duffey of Sulphur Springs will have another trial in connection with the stabbing death of David Harrison Cooper on February 20, 2011. 8th District Judge Eddie Northcutt ordered the new trial after hearing arguments last week. Duffey appealed a 12-year prison sentence because then District Judge Robert Newsom rejected an earlier plea bargain after a meeting with friends of the victim. The plea deal would have had Duffey serve 6 months in jail and then be on 10-years probation. An appeals court sent the case back to District Court.
- Dec. 4 COVID-19 Update: 2 Fatalities, 5 New Cases, 2 Recoveries
- Lady Cats Volleyball Earns Four Superlatives Plus Ten Make All-District Team
- Wildcats and Lady Cats Basketball Teams Have Friday Games
- Six Jailed In Hopkins County On Felony Warrants
- Local Pastor and Wife Honored with Drive Up Celebration
- 2020 Holiday Events in Hopkins County