Monday the Hopkins County Commissioners Court unanimously passed a resolution supporting Proposition 1 on the November election ballot. The Proposition would utilize some of the funds out of the state Rainy Day Fund for highway construction. Some people oppose any use of Rainy Day Funds except for dire emergencies but County Judge Robert Newsom says lack of highway funds is a serious situation with so many people moving to Texas daily.
- Deputies Served Two Warrants, Took Three People To Jail
- Sept. 30 COVID-19 Update: 4 New Cases, 3 Recoveries, 78 Active Cases In Hopkins County
- Mount Pleasant Man Jailed For Evading Arrest With A Vehicle
- Trading Post for September 30, 2020
- SCU Investigators Arrested 2 Pairs Tuesday
- Winnsboro Police Department Report for Sept. 21-27, 2020