Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom’s first budget was finalized Monday as the County Commissioners Court adopted the next fiscal year budget and a tax rate more than 5-cents per $100 valuation higher due to the new jail project. Judge Newsom said the budget was balanced and did not include any raises for county employees. There was one personnel addition: Assistant DA Clay Harrison who will come from Smith County. Judge Newsom expects his second budget to be easier to do.
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets District Victory At Home Over Hallsville, 60-46, Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Wins Defensive Struggle At Hallsville, 33-29, Tuesday Night
- Jan. 26 COVID-19 Update: 3 Fatalities, 37 New Cases, 20 Recoveries
- Wildcats Soccer Team Preps For Start Of District Play With A Non-District Win Over Pleasant Grove Tuesday Night
- Maria Pereira
- Welding Project at the Paris Junior College-Sulphur Springs