Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom’s first budget was finalized Monday as the County Commissioners Court adopted the next fiscal year budget and a tax rate more than 5-cents per $100 valuation higher due to the new jail project. Judge Newsom said the budget was balanced and did not include any raises for county employees. There was one personnel addition: Assistant DA Clay Harrison who will come from Smith County. Judge Newsom expects his second budget to be easier to do.
- Wildcats Football Team Opens 2020 Season With Road Loss Against Frisco Wakeland, 38-10
- Lady Cats Volleyball Team Gets Swept 3-0 At Princeton Friday Night
- Hopkins County Sept. 25 COVID-19 Update: 3 New Cases, 51 Positive Antigen Tests, 92 Active Cases
- Wildcats Season Opener Live Streaming Now On The KSST Radio 1230 AM YouTube Channel
- Wildcats Football Season Opener and Volleyball Match on Friday Game Day
- Free COVID-19 Testing Resumes In Sulphur Springs Today