Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom’s first budget was finalized Monday as the County Commissioners Court adopted the next fiscal year budget and a tax rate more than 5-cents per $100 valuation higher due to the new jail project. Judge Newsom said the budget was balanced and did not include any raises for county employees. There was one personnel addition: Assistant DA Clay Harrison who will come from Smith County. Judge Newsom expects his second budget to be easier to do.
- Raising Funds for Terrific Tuesdays; September Mini-Walks and The Walk to Remember October 7 on Celebration Plaza
- HCUW 2021-22 Campaign Report Meeting Dates, Goal, Allocations Announced
- HCUW Campaign Workers Kick-Off 2021-22 Campaign With Luncheon
- Data Shows Many Child Car Seats are Misused
- Fall Welding Class at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center
- Blood Drive Held at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Campus