Prior to voting for a deficit budget and a tax rate increase, Hopkins County Memorial Hospital Board member Suzanne Bankston said she was unhappy. She said she would vote for the budget as the very best that they could do but she added the board needed to look for major ways to make major revisions in the budget. Ms. Bankston said the board needed to determine what services they could deliver and which ones might be best done by someone else. She suggested looking at areas not making money or ones that caused the expending of great amounts of effort that could be used elsewhere. The adopted budget is a deficit budget for the second straight year, almost $2.5-million in the red.
- Hopkins County Oct. 20 COVID-19 Update: 2 Additional Nursing Home Deaths Reported
- Updates Given On SSISD COVID-19 Cases, Enrollment
- At Sulphur Springs Country Club Golf Tourneys Monday, Wildcats Take 1st and Lady Cats are 2nd
- Lady Cats Volleyball and Wildcats Team Tennis Have District matches on Tuesday Game Day
- TxDOT Urges Drivers to ‘End The Streak’ of Daily Deaths on Texas Roads as 20TH Anniversary Approaches
- Winnsboro Police Department Report For Oct. 12-18, 2020