Prior to voting for a deficit budget and a tax rate increase, Hopkins County Memorial Hospital Board member Suzanne Bankston said she was unhappy. She said she would vote for the budget as the very best that they could do but she added the board needed to look for major ways to make major revisions in the budget. Ms. Bankston said the board needed to determine what services they could deliver and which ones might be best done by someone else. She suggested looking at areas not making money or ones that caused the expending of great amounts of effort that could be used elsewhere. The adopted budget is a deficit budget for the second straight year, almost $2.5-million in the red.
- 2021 John Chester Dutch-Oven Cook-off and Indian Summer Day is October 2 in Heritage Park
- Thirteen Men Arrested On Felony Warrants Over Past Week By Local Authorities
- 2021 New Landowner Program Series: Pond Management
- Final Public Hearings For Budget, Tax Rate, Master Fee Schedule To Be Held At 7:30 p.m. City Council Meeting
- Student Activity at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center
- Judy Mills