Funeral services for Mamie Leona Moreland, age 104 of Yantis, will be conducted at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 4, 2019 at West Oaks Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Byron George officiating. Interment will follow at Yantis Cemetery with Jeffery Wayne Burgess, Terry Ray Moreland, Larry Ponder, Ronny Moreland, Michael Ponder, Tim Ponder, Kevin Moreland, T. J. Moreland and Joshua Moreland serving as pallbearers. Visitation will be from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Friday, May 3, 2019 at West Oaks Funeral Home. Mamie passed away on Monday, April 29, 2019 at her residence surrounded by her loved ones. Mamie was born on August 1, 1914 in Yantis, TX, the daughter of Albert L. Pritchett and Mary Lula McGlaughlin Pritchett. She married Travis Lee Morland on July 31, 1937 in Sulphur Springs and he preceded her in death. Mamie was a caregiver and a member of Midway Full Gospel Church in Yantis. She loved her Lord, enjoyed singing, cooking and crocheting and loved her family above all. She is survived by sons, Rayburn Moreland and wife Peggy of Sulphur Springs, Marcus Moreland and wife Joni of Yantis, daughters, Juanita Burgess and husband Autry and Joyce Ponder all of Yantis. brothers, Dewitt Pritchett and Bill of Nash, TX, and Billy Pritchett and wife Barbara of Sulphur Springs, 11 grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren and 23 great-great grandchildren along with numerous nieces, nephews, and a host of friends. Along with her husband she was preceded in death by her parents, 4 brothers, 1 sister, 3 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren.
- Helen Henton
- Sulphur Springs FFA Members Recognized For Proficiency, Hard Work
- Traffic Stop Leads To Warrant Arrest
- Man Arrested Following Near Collision on SH 19
- Suspected Ecstasy, Marijuana Reportedly Found During I-30 Traffic Stop
- Pittsburg Man Jailed For Alleged Possession of THC wax
- SSHS Seniors Awarded More Than $3.3 Million In Scholarships, Awards At Ceremony — Part 2
- 62nd District Jury Panel Cancelled for Monday
- Blue Beats White in Spring Game, 41-7 As Wildcats Wrap Up Spring Football Practice
- North Hopkins Golfers Attribute Successes To Team Effort, Hard Work
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My rain gauge...
- Floated away... (44%)
- Full, and I can't make it out there to empty it. (38%)
- I just look at the water level on my boots. (13%)
- When I want to know, I drive down MLK near downtown. (6%)
Thanks for voting!