An athletic banquet for football, powerlifting and athletic trainers took place Monday (May 6) night at Sulphur Springs Country Club. Football MVP’s were their 32 seniors. Powerlifting MVP’s, for the Wildcats was senior Carson Bridges and for the Lady Cats Sable Erdmier. Athletic Trainers MVP’s were seniors Jacquelyn Bocanegra and Brianna Hernandez. Wildcat Head Athletic Trainer Tammy Carrell introduced all her trainers and Wildcats and Lady Cats Powerlifting Coach Casey Jeter introduced his boys and girls’ powerlifters. Girls powerlifting is new to Sulphur Springs High School this year. Wildcats Head Football Coach Greg Owens, Offensive Coordinator Matt Young, Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra and all of the Wildcats offensive and defensive assistant coaches talked at length and introduced players in their position groups. The Wildcats videotapers were also recognized. There is no longer just one large athletic banquet. Individual teams are having their own banquets this year.
- Brandt Forester, Alice Bondurant Recognized As Top Miller Grove 8th Graders
- Harrison Fite, Hanna Reyes Named Sulphur Bluff High School Valedictorian, Salutatorian
- Sulphur Bluff Recognizes Top Students At Awards Program
- The 50th Anniversary of the Hopkins County World Champion Stew Contest
- Rickey Ray Morton
- Wildcats Baseball Coach Jerrod Hammack Wraps Up Season on Coaches Show Saturday
- Channel 18 News: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Brashear Baptist Church VBS has ‘Athens’ theme June 3-7
- Willie Mae Berry Harris
- 2 Picked Up In Other Counties On Hopkins County Warrants
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My rain gauge...
- Floated away... (44%)
- Full, and I can't make it out there to empty it. (38%)
- I just look at the water level on my boots. (13%)
- When I want to know, I drive down MLK near downtown. (6%)
Thanks for voting!