Talk about a great start. The North Hopkins Panthers scored 15 runs in the bottom of the first to lead the Hornets, 15-0 after one inning on their way to a 19-0 win Tuesday (April 9). The Panthers added three runs in the second and one more run in the third. The Panthers had 15 hits. Meanwhile Panthers’ pitchers Caleb Wyatt and Wyatt Wharton combined to throw a one-hit shutout in a game that only went 3 ½ innings. Wyatt got the pitching win allowing no hits or runs over two innings with five strikeouts and no walks. Wharton also pitched two innings allowing one hit and no runs with five strikeouts and no walks. Jagger Qualis got the Hornets hit, a single in the top of the fourth inning. Qualis took the pitching loss for Miller Grove. For the Panthers, Wyatt was 2 for 4 with a double, two runs scored and two RBIs. Wharton was 2 for 3 with a double, three runs scored and two RBIs. Victor Rojo was 1 for 3 with an RBI. Branson Thomas was 2 for 2 with two runs scored and two RBIs. Brycen Gillespie was 2 for 2 with two runs scored and two RBIs. Geoffrey Stewart was 1 for 1 with a triple, a run scored and three RBIs. Kevin Clement was 1 for 2 with two runs scored and an RBI.
- 22 Personnel Changes Approved For SSISD During Monday Meeting
- SSHS Dairy Team Advances To State Contest
- Commissioners Court Approves Disaster Relief grant services provider, Communications Funding
- Channel 18 News: Monday, April 22, 2019
- Concert Benefit for Caston Stewart on Saturday May 4
- Jay Hodge Chevrolet to Host Corvette Club
- Yantis ISD Board of Trustees Candidate Profiles
- Country’s Jake Penrod “King of Texas Twang”Appears at the Reilly Springs Jamboree
- Robert Michael “Shorty” Kephart
- Early Voting Begins Today In City Council, School Board Elections
Ye Olde KSST Poll
- Staying local, finding eggs here in Hopkins County. (72%)
- Meh... (22%)
- Ill be on the road... again. (6%)
Thanks for voting!