The Lady Cats’ softball team is in the thick of things for a possible district championship. The Lady Cats are tied for first place with Mount Pleasant and both teams have 5-1 district records. The Lady Cats are 19-5 for the season. With their win last Friday, the Lady Cats clinched a playoff spot for their twelfth straight year. On this game day Tuesday (April 9), the Lady Cats travel to Greenville. There will be a JV game at 5 p.m. The varsity game follows at 6:30 p.m. Lady Cats Softball Coach David Carrillo has respect for Greenville pitcher Katie Shaw who has been tough on the Lady Cats in some past games. However he says the Lady Cats seem to play better against the Lady Lions in Greenville than they do at home. The Lady Cats did beat Greenville at Lady Cat Park in the first half of district play back on March 21, 4-0. Bailey Haggerty pitched a two-hit shutout. Coach Carrillo says he wants the Lady Cats to go over to Greenville and take care of business. He says another factor for the Tuesday game will be the testing scheduled that day. He adds that’s something that impacts all the teams in Texas.
- 22 Personnel Changes Approved For SSISD During Monday Meeting
- SSHS Dairy Team Advances To State Contest
- Commissioners Court Approves Disaster Relief grant services provider, Communications Funding
- Channel 18 News: Monday, April 22, 2019
- Concert Benefit for Caston Stewart on Saturday May 4
- Jay Hodge Chevrolet to Host Corvette Club
- Yantis ISD Board of Trustees Candidate Profiles
- Country’s Jake Penrod “King of Texas Twang”Appears at the Reilly Springs Jamboree
- Robert Michael “Shorty” Kephart
- Early Voting Begins Today In City Council, School Board Elections
Ye Olde KSST Poll
- Staying local, finding eggs here in Hopkins County. (72%)
- Meh... (22%)
- Ill be on the road... again. (6%)
Thanks for voting!