The public is invited to a free educational symposium themed “The Process of Care – A Guide to Caring For Your Aging Parents”, set for Thursday May 2, 2019 at SS Country Club. The evening will consist of a sit-down dinner and program and is free to attend, however you must register to attend. Visit HowToCareForAgingParents.Eventbrite.com. CHRISTUS health and social professionals Michelle Jackson and Dana Adams and CHRISTUS physician Dr. I.L. Balkcom will speak during the panel discussions. Additionally, there will be numerous healthcare, estate management and insurance vendors which you can visit and network with for valuable information. Also, the Ark-Tex Council of Governments will make available a ‘Dementia Experience’ hands-on simulator to better acquaint attendees in what a day in the life of a dementia sufferer is like. This information and more will better equip persons currently facing a time in their life of caring for aging loved ones. The event is offered through a partnership between CHRISTUS Mother-Francis Hospital Sulphur Springs and the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Meet Author Majel Reddick, Contestant for Ms. Hopkins County Senior
- Rickey Ray Morton
- SCU: Wanted Man Spotted Walking Down Street
- Woman Arrested After Allegedly Swallowing Glass Container of Suspected THC
- Police Investigating Early Morning Residential Robbery
- Continuing the Arnold Legacy
- Tradin’ Post for Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019
- Mary “Nell” (Irons) Stokes
- Larry Danielson Sr
- Brandt Forester, Alice Bondurant Recognized As Top Miller Grove 8th Graders
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My rain gauge...
- Floated away... (44%)
- Full, and I can't make it out there to empty it. (38%)
- I just look at the water level on my boots. (13%)
- When I want to know, I drive down MLK near downtown. (6%)
Thanks for voting!