Get your hat and boots and get ready to rodeo! For UPRA, the United Professionals Rodeo Association, members of the Hopkins County Rodeo Association are planning their Spring Rodeo. It will be held in two performances; on Friday April 19 and Saturday April 20 in the Hopkins County Regional Civic Center’s indoor arena. Doors and concessions will open at 6pm both nights, and all families in the local area are invited to enjoy all the fanfare and the exciting major rodeo events. And there’s a lot more! Kids can enter the Chuckwagon Races, Boot Scramble and Calf Scramble in the arena. Other local events will include Celebrity Steer Riding, Mutton Bustin and Steer Scramble. Providing the livestock for the rodeo is J and J Contractors, named the 2018 UPRA Contractor of the Year. Rodeo tickets for Friday night are $10 adult and Saturday tickets are $12 adult. Child tickets are $8 each night. Following the Saturday night performance, Jason Waldon and the Alibis will put on a rodeo dance for ticketholders. You can purchase tickets in advance at Circle E Western Store, and at the box office on rodeo nights.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Mount Vernon 69ers Planning 50th-Year Reunion
- Saltillo FFA’s Annual Stew & Auction Planned April 25
- Tira News for April 17, 2019
- Wildcats Baseball Coach Jerrod Hammack Talks About Wildcats Second Straight Win
- Lady Cats Softball Coach David Carrillo Comments On Disappointing Senior Night Loss Tuesday
- Xavier Cork Signs To Be a Catamount of Western Carolina on Signing Day
- Wildcat Keaston Willis Officially Signs Letter to Play Basketball at Incarnate Word
- Channel 18 News: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Tradin’ Post for Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
- Woman Jailed For Allegedly Attempting To Get Medicine With Fake Prescription