According to Amy Griggs, Community Liaison for the Blue Santa Toy Drive, it’s almost time for the Blue Santa campaign to start. You can begin looking for the Blue Santa barrels to appear around Sulphur Springs retail areas in late October. That’s when the annual Toy Drive begins in earnest, and your help is needed. During the past several years, Blue Santa has stepped up to assist with increasing needs in the Hopkins County/Sulphur Springs community. Plan to help Blue Santa make Christmas brighter for local children by purchasing toys at local retailers and dropping them in the blue barrels in October. Then, as you celebrate Thanksgiving, remember those less fortunate by purchasing and dropping toys in the barrels. Then on December 3 and 4. attend the special Blue Santa Donation Days on the Lowe’s parking lot. Bring money and/or toys and enjoy the brisket lunch fundraiser! Blue Santa 2018 toy distribution will be held mid-December for qualifying local families who are signed up. To sign up for Blue Santa assistance this Christmas, go to CANHelp at 613 Gilmer Street in Sulphur Springs starting October 22, 2018 or phone CANHelp at 903-885-9797.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Lady Cats Get Ten Run Rule Win over Whitehouse, Take 1-0 Lead in Bi-District Series
- District Attorney, Clerk’s Offices Expected To Be Moved Into New Facilities By Mid-May
- Thursday Game Day: Lady Cats Bi-District Softball and Wildcats Golf
- Wildcats Assistant Football Coach Jeremy Offutt Has Task of Building the Offensive Line
- Margaret Ann Henley
- Channel 18 News: Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Tradin’ Post for Thursday, April 25th, 2019
- Richard Mitchell
- 2 Hopkins County Residents Recognized For Heroic Efforts in Fatal Cedar Hill Fire
- Cinco De Mayo Celebration Set for Saturday May 4 in City of Sulphur Springs