Dr. I L Balkcom is improving and may be able to undergo surgery next week. Following a severe heart attack earlier this month, Dr. I L Balkcom remains in Baylor, Scott & White Medical Center, Plano, also known as The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano, according to a member of the board of the Hopkins County Hospital District. Dr. Balkcom is a family practice physician at CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic in Sulphur Springs and is well known for his performances with the Northeast Texas Choral Society. Dr. Balkcom suffered his heart attack Tuesday afternoon at his office. Dr. Balkcom was treated locally and at Plano Heart Hospital by Advanced Heart Care’s Dr. Jai Varma.
- Channel 18 News Friday February 23, 2018
- Photos from the Hopkins County Junior Livestock Market Show 2018
- Tradin’ Post for Monday, February 26th, 2018
- Wood Shows Grand Champion Goat at Junior Market Show
- Lamb Projects Make Junior Market Sale of Champions
- PJC Receives Safety Award and Scholarship for Student
- Rain Didn’t Dampen Enthusiasm at the First February NETBIO Sale
- UBER: Ridesharing Arrives in Hopkins County
- PJC-Sulphur Springs Balloting for Mr and Miss PJC Underway
- Livestock Preparedness & Recovery By Mario Villarino
Ye Olde KSST Poll
If you say, ’I invite you,’ that means...
- You pay. (76%)
- They pay. (13%)
- Split the check (11%)
Thanks for voting!