Wildcats Band Director Charles McCauley faced his toughest audience Wednesday as he unveiled his idea for this year’s on field fall show. When he told them about his idea, he admitted they didn’t know quite what to think at first. McCauley said by the time he explained it all, they applauded. The show will be called Five, a show McCauley called an eclectic and different show featuring several styles of music. The show will include Gustav Mahler’s fanfare from his Fifth Symphony, Sergei Prokofiev’s second movement from his Fifth Symphony, a compilation of Beethoven’s Fifth and a jazz tune, Take Five, a ballad from Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony and the ending number, Dancing Machine from The Jackson Five. McCauley believes the show’s music will be a crowd pleaser and a judge pleaser at contests. He says the show will feature lots of props and references to five. It will include solos for clarinet, French horn and trumpets. The band began to practice the music Thursday. He predicts the band will like the show more and more as they go along.
Wildcat Football v.s. Mt. Pleasant
- Hopkins County Republican Party October Meeting
- Wood County Sheriff’s Report October 11-17, 2017
- National Honor Society Induction Announcement
- Hopkins County EMS Named Lights of Life Campaign Honorees
- Saltillo Man Arrested for Assault with Deadly Weapon
- Sulphur Springs ISD Students Visit LEAP Youth Career Expo
- Resident on Plano Street Charged With 10 Counts of Possession of Child Pornography
- Miller Grove News October 20th, 2017
- Detroit Students Visit LEAP Youth Career Expo
- Como Pickton Students Visit LEAP Youth Career Expo
Ye Olde KSST Poll
At what age are you too old to wear a Halloween Costume and Collect Candy?
- 13 (41%)
- Never ever too old (38%)
- 10 (9%)
- 15 (8%)
- 16 (3%)
- 5 (1%)
- 17 (1%)
- 18 (1%)
Thanks for voting!