Five Saltillo Lions qualified for the regional track meet in five events at the area track meet Wednesday at Como-Pickton High School. Regional qualifiers included Trevor Moore, who was second in the 800-meter run, Dakota Patridge, who qualified with fourth place finishes in the 400-meter run and in the 1600-meter run and Walker McGill, who was fourth in the 3200-meter run. The Lions 4 X 400-meter relay team also qualified finishing third. That team includes Patridge, McGill, Hendrick Rios and Branson McGill. Several more Lions placed and scored points. Matthew Gurley was sixth in the 200-meter run, sixth in the long jump and fifth in triple jump. Anthony Torres was sixth in the 110-meter hurdles and sixth in the 300-meter hurdles. Also competing for Saltillo were Levi Hoover in shot put and Mike Clover and Hondo Torres in long jump. The regional track meet will take place April 28-29 at Whitney.
- Skaters gonna Skate: Skatefest 2017
- Community Calendar for June 25-30, 2017
- Sunday Forecast
- SSHS Grad Jessica Rivera Awarded Stars on the Rise Scholarship
- Cedillo Faces State Jail Felony Charges for Shattering Glass Wall With Ring
- Behind the Scenes: Sulphur Springs Symphony League
- Saturday Forecast
- Thunderstorm Alert for Northeastern Hopkins County Until 11 p.m.
- Governor Signs Flynn Authored American Laws in American Courts Bill Into Law
- Channel 18 News Friday, June 23, 2017
Downtown Dining District