Five Saltillo Lions qualified for the regional track meet in five events at the area track meet Wednesday at Como-Pickton High School. Regional qualifiers included Trevor Moore, who was second in the 800-meter run, Dakota Patridge, who qualified with fourth place finishes in the 400-meter run and in the 1600-meter run and Walker McGill, who was fourth in the 3200-meter run. The Lions 4 X 400-meter relay team also qualified finishing third. That team includes Patridge, McGill, Hendrick Rios and Branson McGill. Several more Lions placed and scored points. Matthew Gurley was sixth in the 200-meter run, sixth in the long jump and fifth in triple jump. Anthony Torres was sixth in the 110-meter hurdles and sixth in the 300-meter hurdles. Also competing for Saltillo were Levi Hoover in shot put and Mike Clover and Hondo Torres in long jump. The regional track meet will take place April 28-29 at Whitney.
Wildcat Football v.s. Mt. Pleasant
- Hopkins County Republican Party October Meeting
- Wood County Sheriff’s Report October 11-17, 2017
- National Honor Society Induction Announcement
- Hopkins County EMS Named Lights of Life Campaign Honorees
- Saltillo Man Arrested for Assault with Deadly Weapon
- Sulphur Springs ISD Students Visit LEAP Youth Career Expo
- Resident on Plano Street Charged With 10 Counts of Possession of Child Pornography
- Miller Grove News October 20th, 2017
- Detroit Students Visit LEAP Youth Career Expo
- Como Pickton Students Visit LEAP Youth Career Expo
Ye Olde KSST Poll
At what age are you too old to wear a Halloween Costume and Collect Candy?
- 13 (41%)
- Never ever too old (38%)
- 10 (9%)
- 15 (8%)
- 16 (3%)
- 5 (1%)
- 17 (1%)
- 18 (1%)
Thanks for voting!