Five Saltillo Lions qualified for the regional track meet in five events at the area track meet Wednesday at Como-Pickton High School. Regional qualifiers included Trevor Moore, who was second in the 800-meter run, Dakota Patridge, who qualified with fourth place finishes in the 400-meter run and in the 1600-meter run and Walker McGill, who was fourth in the 3200-meter run. The Lions 4 X 400-meter relay team also qualified finishing third. That team includes Patridge, McGill, Hendrick Rios and Branson McGill. Several more Lions placed and scored points. Matthew Gurley was sixth in the 200-meter run, sixth in the long jump and fifth in triple jump. Anthony Torres was sixth in the 110-meter hurdles and sixth in the 300-meter hurdles. Also competing for Saltillo were Levi Hoover in shot put and Mike Clover and Hondo Torres in long jump. The regional track meet will take place April 28-29 at Whitney.
- Saturday Forecast
- PJC-Sulphur Springs English Class Review
- 12 Wildcats Set Personal Bests, Lady Cats Finished Sixth in Paris Track Meet Thursday
- Game Day: Tennis, Golf
- SSHS EDGE Summer Conditioning Program Partners with Michael Johnson Performance
- Channel 18 News, Friday, March 23, 2018
- Tradin’ Post for Friday March 23rd, 2018
- Caddo Indian Artifacts Plentiful in Eastern Hopkins County
- Chamber of Commerce Plans City Council Candidate Forum
- PJC Announces Fall 2017 President’s and Dean’s List Honorees
Ye Olde KSST Poll
St. Patrick's Day means to me...
- Just another day. (67%)
- I might venture out with some green on... and celebrate some. (13%)
- Staying home and avoiding any and all revelers (7%)
- Green Beer, Corned Beef, Cabbage, Green Shamrocks... (3%)
- Sending up a personal thanks to St. P for chasing those snakes. (3%)
- Green beer is gross. (3%)
- Getting a free pass to pinch people. (3%)
Thanks for voting!