The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements. (A) Black History Month Proclamation
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on report regarding traffic stops and arrests.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1122 approving the submission of a grant application to the Homeland Security Division for Enhancing Tactical Communications and designating the Mayor as the authorized signatory official.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1123 supporting the closure of a portion of south Texas Street between Shannon Road and Texas FM 2297and rerouting the intersection of Texas Street and Texas FM 2297.
- Discussion/action on Automatic Aid Agreement for Fire Protection with Hopkins County,
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1124 supporting the proposed Trinity Oaks Apartments and approving an application submitted by NIFF Oaklake Trinity Oaks, Lp, to the Texas Department of Housing and community Affairs.
- Discussion/action on motion to approve the purchase of a Sulphur Springs Fire Department fire truck.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1121calling for election for City Council Places 6 and 7, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting.
(La discusión/acción en la Resolucīon el numero 1121(S) pidiendo la elección coloca 6 y 7, llamando a jueces de elección, y poniendo fechas para la votación temprana.)
- Discussion/action on board appointment to the Planning & Zoning Commission. This item was postponed from the January meeting.
- Discussion/action on Addendum #4 to the contract with Garver Engineering to provide construction administration for an additional nine (9) months and construction observation for the wastewater plant rehab project for an additional seven (7) months at the end of the current twenty-four (24) month addendum to the contract.
- Visitors and public forum.