Chief Appraiser Cathy Singleton with the Hopkins County Appraisal District Office had good news for almost all taxing entities in the county when she sent them certified net taxable values Monday. Net Taxable Value was up 2.4% countywide. Preliminary figures sent out in early May showed no increase. Como-Pickton CISD value went up 5%, Sulphur Springs ISD 4.4%, Sulphur Bluff ISD 4%, Miller Grove ISD 3%, North Hopkins ISD 2.5%, Hopkins County Hospital District 2.2%, City of Cumby 2%, Cumby ISD 1.6%, city of Sulphur Springs 1.4% and Saltillo ISD 1.3%. Only the city of Como had less value, down 4%. Ms. Singleton said the certified net taxable values went up in large part due to very few protests to values plus some new home construction.
- *Updated* Mapps Arrested in Arkansas
- Velma Owens
- Same Sex Marriage License Will Be Issued This Week
- Godzilla! Makes His Debut Friday Night at Celebration Plaza!
- 2015 OUTDOOR KIDS CAMP AT COOPER LAKE STATE PARK/SOUTH SULPHUR UNIT
- Jo Ann Prince
- Brashear Baptist Church 4th of July Celebration
- Carpenter Wins Again at County Tomato Fest
- Monday Forecast
- Sunday Forecast